Monday 18 February 2013

Monday

Continuing with my goal of writing here each day this week.

Today is a holiday here, and while I *should* be completing the homework assigned over Reading Week, instead I chose to use today as an actual break. I've worked so hard over the last three semesters, and the end is finally in sight. I can't wait to be back out there working full-time again, but this time working in a field where I'm happy and feel as though I'm making a valuable contribution. God, I hope it turns out that way.

I made a tiny baby hat today for a school-friend who asked me in a moment of weakness. I have a very difficult time saying no to people, but we can save that discussion for another day. I've been putting off a whole bunch of obligation knitting/crocheting, but it is starting to weigh heavy on me. I could just tell these people that I am unable to fulfill my obligations, but I think the easier thing to do (for me) is to just knuckle down and get them done.


This is the Sleepy Owl Hat (Ravelry link), modeled by my Cabbage Patch Kid, Cora. I'm not much of a crocheter, but I found the pattern to be pretty straight forward. Hopefully it will fit the intended little one. The yarn was nasty to work with (it felt very plastic-y to me), but fit the giftee's budget. I'd make the pattern again, but make it in something much nicer on the hands. I might be a bit of a yarn snob, though, and I almost always prefer natural fibres or a blend to purely synthetic.

I finished a pair of socks last night for Sparky, leftover from Christmas 2012. Between those yesterday and the hat today, I feel like I've been productive and accomplished something. It feels like forward movement. I'll carry that forward tomorrow into my schoolwork, and hopefully make some more progress on more Christmas presents left behind. 

Two posts in a row. Keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment