Sunday 28 April 2013

It's a Brand New Day

Big things finishing in my world.

Two years ago, I was miserable.  Downtrodden, discouraged, disappointed in myself and where I was in my life.  So I made a big decision, quit my full-time job, and went back to school to re-train for a new career in my 30s.  It's been tough, and there have been days where I wanted to quit.  There have been nights where I cried myself to sleep because I was so overwhelmed.  I worked two part-time jobs to make ends meet. I worked my ass off at school, reviewing, studying, finishing assignments.

And it all paid off.  As of this weekend, I've finished my program, top of my class, and received a job offer from my co-op placement.  I'm so proud of myself for not giving in, for not quitting, and for remembering that I am worthy of happiness. I've forgotten a bit about how to take care of myself, but I think that will come back with time.

Deep breath.  Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment