Monday 18 June 2012

Something to Show Off

I love days off.

Yesterday was one of those days where I had no obligations to anyone or anything. I read, watched tv, watched a movie, cooked a healthy and delicious dinner, and knit. A lot. I picked up one of the new Soaxbox kits from Soak and had to cast on right away. This kit included a pattern called "Lace Kelly" - cute fingerless mitts with lacy borders and a proper thumb gusset. I made the smaller size, and I did make a few mods to the pattern (after knitting the first one as written):
  • Used 3mm needles, as they were way too big on the 3.5mm
  • Did 18 reps of rows 9/10 on the wrist portion
  • Added an extra "work even" pair of rows on the thumb gusset (K2, slip m, YO, K2tog, K15, ssk, YO, slip m, finish rest of round in pattern. Next round, knit all sts.)
  • After the thumb sts were set aside, I added an extra repeat of rows 9/10, with plain knitting on the first 8 sts, then in pattern for the rest of the round
  • Thumb - cast on 3, picked up 2 sts in the gap, K17, picked up 2 sts in the gap, then knit 4 rounds plain, decreasing the extra sts on the first two rounds
  • Did 4 rows ribbing before the cast off of the hand, and 6 on the thumb

I think they turned out pretty fetching, don't you?



Today is another lovely day off, with a few errands to run. I'm planning some birthday shenanigans for my boyfriend of 8 years - he turns 40 next week. I need to come up with a blog name for him...I'm thinking Sparky. An inside joke, but one that might work well for me here, since no one else is going to read this. Ha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment